DREHSCHEIBE-Online 

Anzeige

HIER KLICKEN!

04 - Historisches Forum 

Neu bei Drehscheibe Online? Hier registrieren! Zum Ausprobieren und Üben bitte das Testforum aufsuchen!
Bilder, Dokumente, Berichte und Fragen zur Vergangenheit der Eisenbahn und des öffentlichen Nahverkehrs - Bilder vom aktuellen Betriebsgeschehen bitte nur im Zusammenhang mit historischen Entwicklungen veröffentlichen. Das Einstellen von Fotos ist jederzeit willkommen. Die Qualität der Bilder sollte jedoch in einem vernünftigen Verhältnis zur gezeigten Situation stehen.
Dies ist KEIN Museumsbahnforum! Bilder, Meldungen und Fragen zu aktuellen Sonderfahrten bitte in die entsprechenden Foren stellen.
Dear Rail enthusiasts,
I've just picked up one of these interesting vehicles - they look like a coach but are designed to carry cars which enter through the end doors. I suspect that they originate as Reichsregierun​gszugen from DR Epoche II.
Can anyone help confirm and or illustrate?
Tom.
Do you mean something like „DPw4ümg-57”, see picture „In Walburg warten mehr oder weniger beschädigte Wagen auf ihre Verschrottung in Hirschhagen, so auch dieser 1957 bei Wegmann gebaute Autotransportwagen DPw4ümg-57” inside of [www.steamy.de]?

Those coaches were built in „Epoche III”.

Meinst Du so etwas wie den DPw4ümg-57, siehe das Bild „In Walburg warten mehr oder weniger beschädigte Wagen auf ihre Verschrottung in Hirschhagen, so auch dieser 1957 bei Wegmann gebaute Autotransportwagen DPw4ümg-57” innerhalb [www.steamy.de]?

Diese Wagen wurden ab 1957 in der „Epoche III” gebaut.

Another one is MPw4yg[e]60, [www.mist4.de], page 43, but there also was no use of him in „Epoche II”.

Ein anderer Typ ist der MPw4yg[e]60, [www.mist4.de], Seite 43, aber auch der wurde nicht in der „Epoche II” verwendet.

best regards
beste Grüße

Walter

1-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 2012:10:19:19:22:44.
same wagon at service: http://www.spreeweb.de/images/Autoverladung_1957.jpg

In the pre war time Gl Dresden(2 axled long Box cars) with front doors were used to ship new (luxury) cars from factory to user. But shipping cars in closed wagons was and is uncommon in germany.

regards

Ytracks
In epoch II there were build a couple of Salonwagen to carry cars. At the homepage of Jens Nestvogel you can find a short description and a drawing of the type "Sal Pw 4ü(F)-39"

[www.drg-salonwagen.eu]

The coaches were designed like the other Salonwagen, which were used in the Reichsregierungszügen. It is interesting, that the cars could drive in the waggon through end doors by using a ramp, but also from the side. At both sides of the waggon were installed wide slide doors with a turntable behind it. When both doors were opened, the turntable could be turned right-angled to the waggon, and then be loaded. This option could be used in stations, where been located loading-ramps, witch had the same level like the loading-rooms of the waggon.

There are excellent descriptions of all Salonwagen and also very many illustrations and photos in the book "Reichbahn-Salonwagen", written by Walter Haberling (link to amazon):

[www.amazon.de]

I hope, my englisch is not too bad and understandable, but I am out of training for a long time.

Best regards
Andreas
Hello

Zitat:
But shipping cars in closed wagons was and is uncommon in germany.

That is not true. Today many german car manufacturers ship their cars in closed cars, porsche an mercedes for example.

Patrick

Der Bahnhof Ondrup ist jetzt im Web: [www.ondrup.blogspot.com]
In Deutschland werden

VW, Ford, Opel, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche produziert. Die beiden Produzenten des Luxus Segmentes als 'many' zu bezeichnen halte ich da für verfehlt. Und in absoluten Stückzahlen stellt diese produktion einen Bruchteil dar. Und von diesem Brcuhteil wird wiederum ein Bruchteil auf Schiene in geschlossenen Eisenbahnwagen (welche Wagen, gibt es vielleicht Bilder, interessiert mich wirklich) bewegt.

Ytracks
Hallo

Audi und VW (Q7, Touareq) exportieren auch verschlossen. Da ein Großteil der deutschen Autos, gerade dieser Luxuswagen, exportiert wird, ist es eher die Regel, dass diese Autos mit der Bahn in die Seehäfen gebracht werden.

Ich empfehle das EJ-Exklusiv 1/2010 Auto-Bahn von Udo Kandler. Viele schöne Bilder, gute erläuterung der Historie und wie immer ein etwas dünner teil zu den Wagen an sich. Trotzdem: Tolles Heft! Gibt es immernoch in Modellbahnläden und Bahnhofsbuchhandlungen.

Patrick

Der Bahnhof Ondrup ist jetzt im Web: [www.ondrup.blogspot.com]
Thank you to all contributors:

Andreas, thank you, you correctly identified had the carriage to which I was referring. Perhaps that diasppeared with the sonderzug trains? I will read the source - but scanning it just now I couldn't see reference to loading nor in the diagram [www.drg-salonwagen.eu]

Vielen Dank.
Tom.

Herr Walter (Mikado-Freund) and Ytracks, thank you for your contributions, these are certainly interesting. I liked seeing how the side loading evolved - this is obviously more easy than end loading from a point of stock movement.

Tom.
Dear Tom,

you can download the second sketch on the following site: http://www.drg-salonwagen.eu/salonwagen/salpwf39_skizzen.html. This sketch demonstrates the two possible ways of loading. Beside the five coaches 10 291, 10 292, 10 293, 919 039 and 919 040 there was another car transportation coach that was conveted in 1938 from a normal luggage coach: 105 733 Bln (nearly the same principle but with a slightly different look).

In the late 40's and the 50's most of these coaches were converted into maintenance coaches. Only one coach was used for longer time for car transportation: 10 293 (at the DB, mostly used by the government of the Federal Republic of Germany). Today the coach 105 733 still exist in Austria, perhabs also the coaches 10 292 and 919 039.

Best regards
Jens

PS: Sorry for my bad English.
Herr Jens,
Stimmt! Vielen Dank - I'd missed this!!!

[www.drg-salonwagen.eu]

Please, your English is perfect!
Tom.

2-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 2012:10:21:20:35:54.

DPw4ümg in Kopenhagen (København/ Østerport) 1957

geschrieben von: Svend

Datum: 08.01.13 00:03

DPw4ümg in Kopenhagen (København/ Østerport) 1957 (Film, EUscreen, 1:20 Minut):

[www.euscreen.eu]

1-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 2013:01:08:13:50:58.